Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Modern healthcare may go around the elbow to get to the ass, but I'm glad they do it.

So early this morning I decided to play dumb and call my neurologist inquiring about the blood tests I had. While on the call, I also casually asked when the results of my MRI i had done yesterday would be available. The really nice nurse jotted my work number down, and said that she would give it to the physicians assistant. I go all day kinda bummed cause this has been like a month and a half process, and when I get home from the long train ride my phone rings. My heart skips a beat, and I answer. Turns out that the blood came back normal except for slighly elevated thyroid levels(but not enough to do anything about)

AND... the MRI came back ok!!!!

I had that wave of relief/goosebumps all over my body. She said that my vein function and lobes looked great. She went over what i need to do next, which is a echo cardiogram to make sure that I don't still have the murmur that i had as a child. I guess that would allow blood clots through to my heart, on top of allowing for further problems in the future. But totally doable. I think that brain problems are WAY worse than heart stuff...not to down play it. But the heart stuff is fixable.


I still want to get images for an art project... and am never going to visit WebMD again bastards.

No comments: